Technical Officer, Health Informatics
Req ID: api-91933
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Department: Health Informatics
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and management of health information systems, including the National Data Repository (NDR), the Electronic Medical Record system, Laboratory Information Management System, and any other HIS platform as directed by the funders.
- S/He will provide technical and strategic direction and support to the project team to scale up of priority health information systems at all levels of the health system.
- S/He will support in liaising with government agencies, other donor-funded projects, implementing partners, CDC and other stakeholders to build capacity in and management of the national health information systems.
- S/He will support daily quality data collection, entry, and management using new/existing database management systems and ensure weekly reporting of accurate and complete HIV program services data in the NDR. This position will report to the Health Informatics Advisor in activity implementation and management.
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Epidemiology, Information Science, Computer Science, Health Informatics, or a related field.
- At least 7 years relevant experience at the national and subnational levels for USG-funded projects or other donor-funded programs
- Knowledge/understanding of SORMAS, DHIS 2, SITAware, Tatofo laboratory information management software, data standards, and interoperability
- Knowledge of one or more software development methodologies
- Experience in project management of digital health projects
- Experience working with health sector information systems is preferred
- Experience with business process analysis, workflow, requirements specification development, and data modeling.
- Strong knowledge and experience with data extract, transform, and load (ETL) principles, methods, and technology, and the use of application programming interfaces (APIs) for electronic data transfer.
- Experience with software quality assurance and software development methodologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences (writing examples may be required).
- Excellent coordination and information management skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure; skilled at change management, crisis management, and problem-solving.
- Excellent ability in spoken and written English with high-level proficiency in a second language highly preferred.
31st October, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Abuja,Abuja,Abuja USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification MBA/MSc/MA