: Technical Officer, Primary Health Care
Requisition ID: 2022201828
Job Type: Full time
Supervisor: Project Coordinator
- The Technical Officer, PHC will provide technical and programmatic support to implement high quality clinical care and support activities with primary focus on integrated medical services at the LGA level.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day to day technical and programmatic support related to clinical, nutritional and integrated medical services at the facility level guided by approved guidelines, strategies and approaches related to the implementation of high quality medical service programs.
- Contribute to the development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to Clinical, nutritional and integrated medical services and apply these lessons to modify existing programs and improve the design of new programs.
- Assist in strengthening a system of reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Contribute to the development of program strategies, subproject documents and work plans.
- Sensitize main stakeholders on CMAM and need for support and commitment for long term access to life saving activities for children; at this stage the overall entry/exit strategy can be shared emphasizing the vital role of the stakeholders to make this happen
- Works closely with assigned team to ensure activities are implemented according to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Build capacity of Community Health Workers (CHWs) through organized trainings.
- Serve as organization liaison at coordinated external meetings and conferences if assigned.
- Plan and deliver trainings with support capacity building team on CMAM and IYCF
- Develop work plan for OTP, Stabilization Centre and IYCF activities according to the expected progress of the project
- Remain informed on current programs in the field of medical and nutritional management and related developments by assessing the needs of current IDPs and staying alert to any implication of such experience and research to the project implementation
Network and coordinate with the relevant sectors:
- Establish good relationship with the State; Local Government Area authorities and community stakeholders.
- Establish a network with the other actors in the working area (I/NGO).
- Establish a good understanding of the programs within the state and community.
- Establish link and meetings with the community leaders and different group existing in the working area.
- Coordination and participation in Nutrition Cluster, and nutrition assessment/ survey groups and filing of meeting minutes Support, and actively participate the sub-Nutrition Cluster group meetings at district level constructively.
- Represent FHI 360 health and nutrition programs when and if necessary vis-a-vis donors during their field visits
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- MB.BS/MD/PHD or similar degree with 1 – 3 years relevant experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of humanitarian integrated health program delivery in resource constrained settings.
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of health and nutrition in humanitarian programs.
- Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around integrated health program.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues in the communities.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communications. Hausa and Fulani languages will be added advantage.
- Ability to work in an environment where there are physical discomforts associated with change in weather or discomforts associated with noise, dust or dirt.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions like long distance walk to facility
- Ability and willingness travel across Local Government Areas (LGAs) at the field
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Require 75% travel time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Taraba,Taraba,Taraba USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification MBA/MSc/MA