Technical Specialist, Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management
Location / Community: Umuahia, Abia
Job Category: Pharmacy and Supply Chain Management
Job Type: Full Time
Project: 4GATES PROGRAM
- The Global Action Towards Epidemic control in Sub-national units in Nigeria (4GATES) program is a comprehensive HIV/AIDS prevention, care, treatment program being implemented in Abia, Delta, Enugu and Imo States.
- It is a 5-year program (October, 2017 to September, 2022) implemented by Caritas Nigeria and its consortium partners; Catholic Relief Services (CRS), and Pro-Health International as the sole Implementing Partner for PEPFAR in these states.
Summary of Role
- Under the supervision of the Senior Technical Specialist, Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management, the incumbent will be responsible for the provision of technical guidance on pharmacy and supply chain-related activities to assigned Service Delivery Facilities in the state.
- The job holder will ensure and support the effective communication and documentation of all Pharmacy and Supply Chain Management activities including pharmacy-related improvements and recommendations identified during site visits.
- S/he will conduct site visits and meeting with relevant stakeholders and will prepare monthly summary reports of all pharmacy and supply chain activities in the state and submit to the Senior Technical Specialist, Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management in the state.
Description of Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute to Caritas Nigeria monthly and bimonthly program reports on Pharmacy and Supply Chain activities
- Maintain state issues log.
- Monitor and collate adverse drug reactions reports for the state.
- Mentor facility focal staff on Pharmacy and Supply Chain activities.
- Participate in developing and updating Pharmacy and Supply Chain training manuals.
- Organize TDC meetings at all supported health facilities.
- Review last mile distribution schedule for all facilities in assigned sites and communities.
- Act as a resource on all Pharmaceutical and Supply chain issues in assigned sites.
- Strengthen Pharmaceutical care practices in assigned facilities.
- Support the ART surge activities in the state.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with Procurement and Supply Management (PSM), GON and facilities.
- Monitor distributor performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Participate in capacity building activities for Pharmacy focal staff.
- Monitor reporting rates and timeliness of reporting for facilities in the state.
- Monitor emergency order rates for facilities in the state.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Technical Specialist, Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management, reports to the State Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management Lead with a dotted reporting line to the Senior Technical Advisor, Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management and regularly interacts with facility staff, Caritas Nigeria technical, program staff, and other members of the State Team.
- S/he will be responsible for supervising assigned Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management staff in the state office.
- The Responsibilities (Above) are not all-inclusive. The employee will also perform other related tasks as required and will be responsible for reporting and communicating progress and achievement of the specific assigned tasks.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualified applicants must have:
- A primary Degree in Pharmacy plus an advanced degree in Pharmacy or Public Health or Supply Chain Management or other related Health, Medical, or Social Science disciplines;
- Five (5) years’ mandatory knowledge and experience in the design, implementation and management of pharmacy and supply chain management in HIV/AIDS program.
- Experience and knowledge of ART Surge Response is a major requirement.
- Must be experienced in hospital pharmacy operations and inventory management operations.
- Experience of dealing with difficult and sensitive situations in a professional manner.
- Ability to work under pressure, efficiently handle multiple tasks, quickly find creative solutions to problems and challenges that arise, and manage stress and time in a fast-paced work and fluid operating environment.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork, cooperation, and learning.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
6pm; 16th September, 2021
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Letter of Application with a recently updated CV as a single PDF file-format (as an attachment), and send to: 4GATES.CaritasNigRecruitment@ccfng.org using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email. E.g. “Technical Specialist, Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management; Umuahia, Abia State”.
- Application not received in the stated format will be disqualified.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Location Umuahia, Abia NGN Month
- Years Of Experience 3-5
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND