Locations: Auchi, Ekpoma – Edo and Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Prepare, examine, and analyse accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Plan, compile and analyse financial information for management strategic business decision making.
- Assist in auditing activities by providing necessary information and prepare requested documents.
- Develop, maintain and analyse budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
- Assist in producing schedules for remittance/payments of VAT, PAYE Tax and other statutory payments from the terminal.
- Ensure strict adherence to internal accounting control procedures at the terminal.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit/ loss statement, and other reports.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities by collecting and analysing financial information.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Works with and assists the Chief Financial Officer in implementing account functions for the company.
- Responsible for day-to-day finance and accounts operations at the terminal.
- Prepares reports of all movement of funds in and out of the terminal.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Reconciliation of all cash accounts and monitoring of cash receipts and disbursements at the terminal.
- Ensure daily call-over and verification is carried out on all transactions posted into the system from the terminal.
- Perform other duties as required or as assigned.
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or HND in any relevant discipline
- Minimum of two (2) years cognate experience in Accounting.
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of Accounting Practices
- Ability to Prepare Financial Statements
- Knowledge of General Business Practices
- Ability to Analyze Data
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Accounting Organizational Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Spreadsheet proficiency
- Mathematical skills
- Financial Reporting.
5th October, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Position and location as the subject of the mail. For example: “Terminal Accountant_ Ekpoma”.
- Location Auchi, Ekpoma - Edo and Lagos
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND