Transmission Access Planning Engineer
Locations: Lagos, Abuja, Enugu, Asaba-Delta and Ibadan-Oyo
- To plan, design and optimize transmission, optical transport Networks (Microwave & Fiber links) and manage capacity (architecture & Topology) for access network segment within the assigned region.
- Design, direct and ensure Cost effective solutions and innovative approach to network planning is maintained.
- Produce detailed microwave link engineering design using Pathloss planning tool.
- Plan and design Fiber infrastructure route and connectivity plan using google earth and AutoCAD planning tool.
- Produce detailed integration (L2, L3) and IPDCN plans for optical multiplexer and aggregation Nodes.
- Produce detailed synchronization plan for last mile links/sites.
- Produce detailed IP networking plan and LLD.
- To provide transmission engineering support and information timely and accurately.
- To ensure that accurate scope of work is issued to contractors to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
- Capacity utilization and performance point of view.
- Optimize and manage transmission capacity end to end across the access network.
- Topology network designs (architecture) and capacity dimensioning.
- Develop work Authorization that contains accurate and relevant information.
- Analyse and determine the type of equipment to be used for transmission purposes.
- Resolve transmission failure and problems attributable to planning.
- Ensure availability of updated information on the Live and Planned Transmission Networks.
- Ensure customer insight management & engagement (traditional & new business)
- Conduct LOS Survey and TSS for new and existing BTS site and Enterprise Client locations within assigned region of responsibility
- Ensure value is created through effective stakeholder management
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Foster active collaboration and relationships with employees across all levels and divisions in line.
- Experience in connectivity, route planning, IP planning technologies, topology, logical networks.
- Microwave systems transmission planning
- Aggregation and optical Node dimensioning and capacity management Principles
- IP networking
- Experience in Electrical radio engineering, microwave radio transmission at high frequencies and fibre optic transmission networks
- GSM Knowleddge
- Microwave Transmission equipment
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with a team
- A good first Degree preferably in Engineering courses
- Fiber route and connectivity planning
15th March, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- Location Lagos/Abuja/Enugu/Asaba-Delta and Ibadan-Oyo NGN Month