Underwriting Fraud Analyst
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Underwriting Fraud Analyst will perform various duties to protect the credit underwriting unit and the entire organization from known or suspected internal or external fraudulent activities, with a primary focus on detecting, preventing and following policies and procedures to ensure the reduction of potential losses.
- The analyst proactively prevents fraud/loss by analyzing fraud patterns/trends, and monitors high-risk account activity.
- Coordinates activities to resolve and prevent fraud across the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interacts with members as needed who are reporting fraudulent activity.
- Reviews suspicious accounts for potential fraud.
- Reviews suspicious documentation submitted for both new transactions and loans.
- Review and Process all consumer statements on credit bureaus.
- Assist the Compliance department in compiling relevant information and narrative to make the determination if needed.
- Analyzes and conducts investigations of potentially fraudulent activity, to ensure minimal loss to the organization.
- Coordinates cross-functional communication, to resolve fraud situations and provides recommendations to resolve fraud.
- Collaborates with the internal audit department to monitor the underwriting activities, prevent and mitigate risks and potential losses.
- Maintains the fraud analytics database, tracks fraud trends and statuses of various types of fraud.
- Periodically train and educate the underwriting team to identify and respond to potential fraud trends and situations.
- Develop, build and prioritize risk into classes
- Compiles various reports for management, to update the status of current investigations, and necessary actions needed to either mitigate.
- Develops, maintains, and implements policies/procedures to detect and prevent fraudulent activity.
- Assists the internal audit and compliance analyst in investigating suspicious activity on account.
- The ideal candidate should have 2 years and above experience with a financial background.
- A knack for figures and passionate about analysis and process optimization.
- In-depth knowledge of IFRS principles and changes.
- Proven experience in recognizing fraudulent items and items that merit more detailed analysis by
- reviewing accounts and transactions to determine fraud trends.
- Broad knowledge of the operations of a financial institution.
12th October, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Location Yaba,Lagos USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3