The Office and Responsibilities
- The University Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and the co-ordination of the library services in the University and its campuses, colleges, faculties, schools, departments, institutes and other teaching and research units.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates should possess a PhD degree in Library Science / Library and Information Science with at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience in University librarianship, out of which five (5) must be as a Deputy Librarian in a recognized University.
- The candidate must possess NYSC Discharge certificate or Exemption certificate or certificate of exclusion where applicable.
- The candidate should also have an evidence of registration with the Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN) and he / she must not be more than 65 years of age at the time of assumption of duty.
- Candidates should show evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals and ability to initiate, undertake and supervise research, as well as considerable professional and administrative experience to run the library of a University of Science and Technology.
- In addition, the applicant must possess skills in managing small and large libraries particularly in areas of library oriented softwares and systems (SURPASS, Lucidea Integrated Library Systems, Koha ILS, L4U, OPALS, Destiny Library Manager, Handy Library Manager, Insignia Library System, Access-It Library, MODERNLIB, Atriuum, LIBRARIAN, Readerware, etc.).
Condition of Service and Remuneration
- The appointment is for a single term of five (5) years. Salaries and other conditions of service shall be as provided for University Librarians of Federal Universities by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Governing Council of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi.
2nd April, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward through a registered courier company thirty (30) copies of applications and thirty (30) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae with copies of credentials attached; in a sealed envelope and marked “Post of University Librarian” on the top left corner, to reach:
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University,
P.M.B. 0248, Bauchi,
The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Full name (Surname first in capital letters).
- Date of birth.
- Place of birth.
- State of Origin and Local Government Area.
- Marital Status.
- Permanent home address (not P0. Box or PMB).
- Current postal address.
- E-mail address and G.S.M number.
- Institutions attended with dates.
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with dates.
- List of publications with detailed titles, publisher and dates.
- Honours, distinctions, and membership of professional societies.
- Working experience with dates.bar
- Present employment, salary status and dates.
- Extracurricular activities.
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees.
- Candidates should request their referees to send reports on them, under confidential cover in a sealed envelope and marked “Post of University Librarian” on the top left corner, to the “Registrar, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi”.
Note: Candidate are enjoined to strictly adhere to all instructions
- Location Bauchi, Bauchi, Bauchi NGN Month