Location: Makurdi, Benue
Employment Type: Full time
- The University Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the overall administration of the University Library, its branches and extension and for providing library services for the entire University Community.
Qualifications and Experience
- Candidates must be professionally qualified and practicing Librarians certified by Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria; possess a good honours Degree from a recognized University, plus a higher Degree in Library Science (preferably Ph.D.) with at least 15 (fifteen) years relevant experience, in institutions of higher learning preferably in a University
- Have contributed to knowledge through research and publications in reputable journals as well as possess proven records of sound administrative leadership;
- Be ICT compliant; not be more than sixty (60) years of age or 65 years in the case of a Professor on assumption of duty.
- The Tenure of the University Librarian, as a Principal Officer of the University, is five (5) years.
Salary and Condition of Service
The successful applicant will be placed on CONUASS 7 with relevant fringe benefits, as approved for Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be modified from time to time by competent authorities.
14th April, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit twenty five (25) copies each of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae. The Curriculum Vitae should include the following:
- Full names
- Post sought
- Date and place of birth
- Permanent home and current contact address
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children
- Academic / professional qualification (attach photocopies of all certificates);
- Previous working experience (giving duration, post held and salary)
- Details of research work and publications (attach evidence where applicable);
- Extra-curriculum activities
- Name and addresses of three (3) persons to supply academic and / or professional reference.
Applications should be addressed and sent in sealed envelopes boldly marked “The Position of the University Librarian” at the left hand corner to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Joseph Sarwuan Tarka University, Makurdi,
P.M.B. 2373, Makurdi,
Benue State, Nigeria.
- Candidates should advise their Referees to send their reports on them under confidential cover, directly to the Registrar and Secretary to Council.
- Interested candidates who meet requisites qualifications and experience as specified above.
- Location Makurdi, Benue USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification PhD/Fellowship