- The University of Africa, Toru-Orua, a young and developing Institution is inviting applications for the post of university Registrar which will become vacant from 1 February, 2021.
- To provide critical leadership for this rapidly growing institution, serious consideration will only be given to candidates who are able to demonstrate extensive knowledge of the workings of State University systems within the Federation and strong evidence of strategic thinking and forward-looking leadership.
- The Registrar Is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the university.
- He/she is also the Secretary to Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
The ideal candidate is expected to:
- Have served, for at least 3 years, at the level of Deputy Registrar, or higher, at a recognised State of Federal higher education institution within the Federation; international experience will be an added advantage.
- Be the holder of a good honours degree from a recognised university, plus at least fifteen (15) years post-qualification experience, a considerable part of which must be in a higher education institution preferably a university possession of a postgraduate degree will be an added advantage;
- Be able to provide administrative leadership in the articulation and implementation of university policies and general administration:
- Have the ability to speak and write well, In order to communicate effectively with the wide spectrum of stakeholders typical of a university community
- Have a personality and disposition that can readily sustain harmony among stakeholders, ranging from the Administration, staff and students, on the one hand, and relevant external constituencies, on the other;
- Demonstrate a strong degree of familiarity and comfort with the use of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in the execution of administrative work;
- Have a clean record in the eyes of the law and never been the subject of a criminal or financial investigation;
- Have a clean bill of health, both physical and mental and should not be more than 55 years of age at the time of assumption of duty.
Conditions of Service
- It is expected that this appointment shall be at the civil service’s CONTISS-15/SP. The salary, allowances and perquisites will be the same as stipulated for appointees at that level. Any additional benefits shall be specified in the letter of appointment.
31st December, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a formal Application Letter (no more than 2 pages long), an updated CV and the details of 4 professional referees. ALL materials must be submitted electronically, in PDF format, to: email@example.com
- Location Bayelsa, Bayelsa, Bayelsa USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND