Company: Sageto Limited
The electrical site engineer directs and oversees electrical engineering projects at construction sites, resolving issues and ensuring that work is completed according to specifications. They balance project management and engineering tasks ranging from designing electrical plans to monitoring contractors.
- Design electrical systems for commercial, residential, and industrial construction projects. These can include both high-voltage systems for delivering power and low-voltage applications including Ethernet and fibre-optic lines. Contributing technical expertise to project drawings and designs.
- Directly oversee and manage teams of electrical contractors and subcontractors.
- Develop cost estimates for both material and labour. By analyzing blueprints and site specifications, they project the amount of wire, fixtures, and other materials the project will require.
- Estimate manpower and timelines, giving project managers the information needed to consider contractor bids and ensure the project remains within budget.
- Manage construction schedules related to electrical elements of job sites.
- Conduct tests of electrical systems throughout the construction process. They may test individual components or the whole system, including overseeing final inspections of the job.
- Check contractors’ work to ensure adherence to local and national electrical codes, safe operation of all devices, and accurate power delivery.
- Maintains daily construction surveillance logs to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of contracts.
- Track the contractors’ scheduled milestones; materials, equipment, and labor used; the quality and workmanship of outputs, and provides the contractors, through the PM, observations, recommendations, and supervision.
- Monitor the construction schedule, reviews contractors’ proposals for change, and makes recommendations to the Project Manager on time extension requests.
- Review contractors’ invoices related to electrical works to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Reviews and analyzes material samples, shop drawings, installation manuals, and other technical documents submitted by the contractors to ensure conformity with contract requirements.
- Prepares written reports to Project Manager with analysis and recommendations on alternatives and actions, where appropriate.
- Prepares periodic progress reports to Project Manager as required.
- Prepares and reviews engineering drawings, electrical load calculations, technical specifications and cost estimates for construction change orders.
- Monitors the work process, performs quality assurance testing and enforces safety requirements.
- Comply with guidelines and regulations including permits and safety, deliver technical files and other technical documentation as required.
- Perform any additional assignment as directed by the Project Manager.
Experience and Qualification:
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
• Masters’ degree in Electrical Engineering or related field (optional)
• Proven experience as an Electrical Site Engineer or similar role
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an added advantage
• License as a professional engineer (preferably e.g. COREN, MNSE)
• Experience managing large construction projects
• Knowledge of building codes and regulations
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in engineering or related field
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proficient in computer-assisted design (CAD) and other design, and analyzation software.
• Thorough understanding of safety regulations related to assigned projects.
• Ability to identify and solve complex problems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to be both creative and analytical.
• Extremely detail-oriented and accurate.
• Excellent communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Strong leadership skills
• Attention to detail and ability to multitask
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND