Utility Billing Manager
Location: Benin City, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
Supervision Received: Head, Commercial
Supervision Exercised: Billing Officer
- The Billing Manager is responsible for processing bills for all customer types, within our catchment area markets; quickly learning new systems and processes, being a self-starter, detail-oriented, accountable, analytical, efficient, accurate and multitask;
- Responsible for the complete, accurate and timely resolution of all day-to-day tasks and escalated issues.
- To support the goals and objectives of BEDC Electricity Plc.
- Ensure timely, accurate bills are created and sent to residential and commercial customers of commodity and value-added products;
- Provide billing support for residential, small and large commercial customers in multiple states/regions;
- Review, investigate and follow up independently on complex operational service requests, issue trackers and emails related to customer correspondence inquiries in a timely, detailed and thorough manner;
- Work independently to process tasks and resolve exceptions within target service level agreements (SLAs).
- Utilize reporting, and performance metrics to manage risk and ensure tasks are completed within SLA;
- Work closely with Regional Heads to meet goals, review exceptions and take appropriate actions;
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis to resolve issues and escalate as needed;
- Reconciliation of correspondence in case of discrepancies and preparation of reports as needed;
- Identify gaps and help to execute process improvements;
- Participate in special projects, internal/external audit requests, regulatory/utility requests and other duties as assigned;
- Any other duties as may be assigned to you by your manager.
- Reports on monthly consumption, bills, accepts, rejects, payments, adjustments and invoice settlements.
- Review and investigate bills with exceptions making sure their issues are resolved no later than the maximum allowable business days for bills to be returned (bill window).
- Ensure that the monitoring and exception reports are run daily to investigate and resolve issues quickly.
- Context: The job requires collaboration with other departments and understanding of processes. The job exists in an Electricity Distribution Company.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines – Computer Science, Engineering, or other related disciplines.
- A postgraduate Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of problem-solving, issue resolution or other relevant experience required; 4+ years preferred;
- Prior experience in the deregulated electricity sector, is preferred;
- Prior experience in billing, operational exception handling and/or project management is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.);
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel – pivot tables, VLOOKUP, macros, etc., preferred;
- Knowledge of third-party billing systems, specifically iSigma, Customer Care & Billing (CC&B), and Thunderhead is preferred;
- SQL query language is a plus
- The ability to quickly learn new systems and processes, be a self-starter, detail-oriented, accountable, analytical, efficient, accurate and be able to multi-task;
- Must be a dependable team player and be willing to work flexible and extended hours, if required;
- Must be detail oriented with an ability to identify a pattern in a problem, conduct research, coordinate with the appropriate back-end teams to solve operational
- problems and deliver solutions to customer inquiries;
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Technical aptitude with the ability to understand new tools and data;
- Strong time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and ensure their timely completion;
- Ability to maintain the balance of new daily work and pending work to ensure accurate and timely resolution of all work assigned;
- Ability to adapt to constant change;
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
27th February, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- Location Benin City, Edo USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND