Location: Awka, Anambra
- The Governing Council Paul University, Awka hereby announces that the position of Vice Chancellor of the University will soon be vacant
- In accordance with the provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Decree 1993, Decree No. 11 As amended, the Council directs that applications be invited from suitably qualified and distinguished Professors with cognate experience in University teaching, research and administration.
- The Vice Chancellor is the Chief Executive and Chief Academic Officer of the University as well as the Chairman of Senate and Member of the Governing Council
- He is responsible to Council in matters of policy implementation in the area of finance, property/facilities, general administration and good governance of the Institution
- The Vice Chancellor is also responsible to Senate, administration of academic programme and student discipline, in consonance with extant rules and regulations.
- The candidate for the post of Vice Chancellor is required to be a Professor with relevant professional qualifications and should be a proven manager of human and material resources.
Specifically, the candidate shall be expected to:
- Be highly distinguished and self-motivated academic personnel of the rank of professor with ability to provide academic leadership (Management and Administration)
- Be a successful scholar well rooted in the finest academic traditions
- Be a successful academic personnel who has attained a position of distinction and excellence in his or her chosen field of study
- Be a person with good grasp of information and communication, technology skills and appreciated its significance in the contemporary knowledge industry
- Be a person of courage but humane, who can take decisive actions on the merit of facts and principles, and not on the basis of sentiments or pressures from individuals and groups
- Possess high reputation nationally and internationally and be able to command respect of national and international academic communities through his or her track records
- Be a person of proven integrity and administrative leadership so as to successfully lead a group of our well informed and articulate academic community
- Possess ability to create the needed bridges between the University Community on one hand and its stake-holders on the other hand and be above petty ethic, religious and local loyalties and biases
- Be able to perform any other lawful duties and responsibilities as may from time to time be directed by Council.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The salary and Conditions of Service are as applicable to the post of Vice Chancellor in Paul University, Awka, and as may be determined by the Government/Council from time to time.
3:00 pm, 8th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates must submit 30 copies of their Application along with 30 copies of the candidate’s CV which shall contain the following:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Educational Qualifications
- Professional and academic achievement
- Publications listed in chronological order
- National and International Nonours/Award
- Positions held with dates
- Any other relevant information.
Completed Applications are to be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelopes boldly marked “Post of Vice Chancellor, Paul University” at the top left hand corner of the sealed envelopes and sent to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Awka, Anambra State.
- Every candidate shall submit 30 copies of statement of his/her own vision and mission for the University
- In the case of a candidate identified and nominated by the Search Team, the Curriculum Vitae must be accompanied by a letter of consent duly signed and dated by the candidate
- All candidates must supply on their application forms, the name and addresses of three referees. Each referee must be contacted by the applicant to forward the confidential report directly to the Registrar
- Application not received by 3:00pm on the deadline shall be declared void.
- Location Awka, Anambra USD Month