Vice – Chancellor
- The Governing Council of Yusuf Maitama Sule University, Kano, announces that the position of Vice – Chancellor of the University will soon be vacant, and pursuant to the provisions of the University Law 2017 (as amended) interested distinguished academics with experience in university teaching and administration are hereby invited to apply for the position
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Administrative, Financial and Academic Officer of the University, ex-officio member of Council and Chairman of the Senate. Among his/her other functions, the Vice – Chancellor shall:
- At all times advise the Council on any matter affecting the finances and administration of the University;
- Be responsible to the Council for maintaining peace, order and efficient management of the affairs of the University
- Ensure the enforcement of the Laws, Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations of the University;
- Be responsible to Council for discipline in the University;
- Regulate the admission of students subject to the guidelines and procedures approved by the University Senate and other statutory organs of the University.
- The candidate for the post of the Vice – Chancellor is required to possess a good University education and should be a proven manager of human and material resources.
- Specially, the candidate shall be expected to:
- Be a highly distinguished academic with a Ph.D;
- Be on the rank of Professor.
- Be a successful scholar who is well rooted in the finest academic tradition;
- Must have had a wide academic and administrative experience, and be capable of giving dynamic leadership;
- Should be able to muster both national and international respect, particularly in the academic world;
- Possess the ability to create the much needed harmony between staff and students on one hand and between members of the University Community and the host community on the other;
- Be a person with a clear vision for the development of the University even under resource constraints;
- Be someone who appreciates and acts on merit and who will not give in to undue pressure;
- Must be of sound mental and physical health;
- Must be morally sound, and of unassailable integrity;
- Must be prepared to demonstrate commitment to the University’s objectives and philosophy;
- Be computer literate.
Conditions of Service
- The Vice – Chancellor shall serve for a single term of five years. The remunerations and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Vice – Chancellors of Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined by the Governing Council.
27th January, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 25 copies of the Application accompanied with 25 copies of the candidate’s current CV duly signed and dated by the candidate. The Curriculum Vitae must include the following:
- Full name
- Marital status
- Educational attainment
- Professional and academic achievements and any relevant information.
- Each application should include the names and addresses of three referees (at least one of whom should be able to testify to the academic standing of the candidate and other to testify to his/her moral character and integrity).
- Each referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward directly to the Registrar a confidential report on him/her in a properly sealed envelope marked Referees Report for Applicant for the post of Vice-Chancellor at the top left hand corner of the envelope.
- Each application must be accompanied by 25 copies of statement of the candidate’s vision of the University under his/her leadership;
All applications shall be submitted under confidential cover and addressed to:
The Registrar & Secretary to Council,
Yusuf Maitama Sule University,
Gen. Muhammadu Buhari Way,
Kofar Kabuga – Kofar Ruwa Road,
The sealed envelope(s) containing the applications should be marked “Vice Chancellor” at the top left hand corner and should reach the Registrar on or before the closing date specify above.
- Location Kano, Kano, Kano NGN Month