About the Job
- Reporting to Warehouse Officer, the Warehouse Assistant/ Storekeeper is responsible in collaboration with the Warehouse Officer, for ensuring the overall care and maintenance of the warehouse
- Warehouse Assistant/ Storekeeper must be able to rapidly turn Program materials around, whilst ensuring the security of the materials and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand, implement and / or maintain standard ACTED inventory management policies and procedures.
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the ACTED warehouse(s).
- Advise supervisor of potential inventory shortage.
- Manage casual laborers in the warehouse.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment.
- Implement and ensure clear safety procedures.
- Implement and ensure clear loading / unloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO/FEFO) procedures.
- Advise the Warehouse Assistant of warehouse-specific issues or improvements
- Maintain the Warehouse activity book recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities.
Warehousing and Inventory:
- Monitor security of ACTED’s storage and supplies.
- Receive approved store’s release forms and prepare the goods for issuance.
- Ensure goods, equipment are signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
- On a monthly basis, work with the Warehouse Officer to reconcile the Warehouse inventory and the Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Update the stock record cards regularly.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to the Warehouse Officer in a timely manner.
- Undertake (documented) monthly and ad-hoc physical inventory checks.
- Conduct documented quarterly job performance reviews of Warehouse staff, providing appropriate feedback.
- Provide on-time, standard monthly reports to the Warehouse Officer.
All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability. Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Knowledge of generic warehouse management systems and forms
- Minimum of a Diploma in any Science or Social Science Field.
- Physically mobile, able to lift 30kg without strain.
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets (format / sort / filter).
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
- Contract length: 3 Months with possibility of extension
- Level: E1-1 (national contract)
- Start Date: As soon as possible Desirable.
14th October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants must send a Cover Letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CV will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- Location Borno, Borno, Borno USD Month