Water and Sanitation (WATSAN) Supervisor
Contract: 208 working hours per month with flexibility required
- MSF has been active in Katsina since February 2021 after carrying an exploratory mission that end up with an opening of the project under the Emergency-Cell.
- Currently, MSF is running 1 ITFC (Inpatient Therapeutic Feeding Centre) in Katsina in the KofarSauri PHCC and 5 ATFC (Ambulatory Therapeutic Feeding Centre) including 4 in Jibia LGA (Magama, Daddara, GubiMagaria and Riko) and 1 in Katsina (KofarMarusa).
- There is ongoing plan to implement additional ATFC in Mashi and Mani LGA.
- Supporting the Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (Watsan) Manager in the implementation and supervision of Watsan activities, including tools and materials employed according to MSF standards and protocols, in order to improve health and living conditions of the target population.
- Ensuring the day-to-day implementation and administration of assigned Watsan activities at project level, including but not limited to, water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, vector control, and dead bodies management
- Ensuring that the MSF procedures and protocols are followed by the Watsan teams to guarantee the operational quality of the project.
- Ensuring the maintenance and repair of technical equipment in the project to guarantee an adequate running of Watsan activities.
- Ensuring the distribution of the materials and tools used in water treatment, hygiene and sanitation (e.g. physical organization and inventory of stocks, receiving and processing orders for water, sanitation and hygiene material, check that the amounts received are recorded, and check monthly consumptions, etc.);
- Supporting the Watsan Manager in ensuring an appropriate emergency preparedness and response capacity (physical verification of stocks, contacts, transport means, staff training). Ensuring appropriate assistance to the project response team and if required, participating in emergency activities or exploratory visits
- Supporting the Watsan Manager in the team planning (e.g. staff rosters and admin, HR processes, etc.) and informing and involving the Watsan Manager in case of any major management or technical issue, and providing all required reporting
- Planning and supervising the HR processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, tasks definition and internal and external communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activity
- Participating in data collection and reporting as required.
- Technical Diploma, desirable specialization in water and sanitation.
- Previous experience in technical works and organising of multiple activities, preferably within MSF or similar work environment.
- Fluency in English (Read, Speak and Write), Hausa and Fulfulde (fluently speaking) required.
- Computer literacy.
- Results and Quality Orientation L1
- Team work and Cooperation L1
- Behavioural Flexibility L1
- Commitment to MSF Principles L1
- Stress Management L2.
According to MSF France salary grid .
5:00 PM, 22nd November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Only successful applicants will be called for next steps.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.
- Location kastina USD Month