Employment Type: Full-time
About the Role
- As a Web Developer, you will be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of tools and web applications for our website
- You will also oversee the web design’s technical vision in alignment with DIYSI’s vision and objectives to build an impressive online presence, improve user interaction on our platform by optimizing mobile and desktop view, and improve our search engine optimization.
- Own, develop and bring to life strong web designs and strategies to deliver world-class user digital experiences.
- Incorporate team feedback gracefully into your work.
- Update company websites with new content, as well as edit existing content.
- Analyze technical specifications and engineering requirements.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code, with visual comps for a highly functional user interface with a focus on usability and simplicity of design.
- Prepares detailed software verification test plans.
- Develop a website maintenance and performance plan and execute each task for short and long-term goals.
- Carry out cross-browser tests to ensure a browser-agnostic website when accessed through different browser-OS combinations i.e. Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Safari—on any of the popular operating systems like Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android, different devices i.e. users can view and interact with our website on popular devices—smartphones, tablets, desktops, and laptops, etc. And with assistive Tools i.e., screen readers for individuals who are differently-abled.
- Maintain / update assets to meet web standards (Accessibility, Performance, Security, SEO).
- Correct website issues with short deadlines and quick turnaround when possible and provide detailed updates on the progress of long-term projects.
- Translate technical concepts and requirements for non-technical stakeholders.
- Familiar or have little experience with tools such as AXE (Accessibility Tool) NVDA (Screen reader tool for Windows), Voice Over (Screen reader for Mac OS / iOS), Google Lighthouse (Web desktop / mobile audit tool).
- Candidates should possess an SSCE qualification
- 2+ years of experience in web development.
- Proficient in utilizing website builder platforms, like WIX.COM
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a 1-2 day turnaround time.
- Proactive attitude in problem-solving and suggestions.
- Ability to implement feedback with ease and in a timely manner.
- Experience working on a remote team preferred.
- Knowledge of immigration is a plus, but not necessary. However, a hunger to learn as much as possible about the ever-evolving immigration world is a must.
- Graphic design experience is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must possess a minimum level of Education of at least a high school/senior secondary diploma or its equivalent.
- Experience with cross-browser development; enthusiasm for modern browsers and new online technologies/trends
- Proven ability to translate approved UI / UX design mock-ups to feature-rich, pixel-perfect websites and web applications.
- Ability to write clean, modular, high-performance, reusable code/ UI components / libraries.
What we Offer
- Immense Growth opportunities.
- Highly flexible schedules or have the privilege of setting your own schedule (although, deadlines must to be observed).
- We offer a robust salary package with lots of perks and benefits.
- Fully remote work.
- Speaking / Conference opportunities.
- Mentorship and training.
3rd May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Location Remote USD Month
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification SSCE