Well Control Specialist – Response, V
Job Ref No.: BC405/ESG/19
- Under broad direction, provides on-site consulting and monitoring of oil well blowout and emergency conditions and assists in drilling operations, as well as, firefighting, well-killing and other blow out procedures in emergency drilling situations.
- Confers with customer, as needed, to ensure that company interests are protected and that project completion goals are met.
- Ensures that well-site activities are well managed, coordinated, and completed in accordance with Company policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety regulations.
- Advises on specific servicing problems and recommends use of specialized tools, techniques, and services.
- Assists in supervising repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Mentors and develops others in proficiency levels 1-4.
- Consistently communicating effectively verbally, in writing and by illustration.
- Generates post job analysis report(s) including procedures that were successful and techniques that could be used to improve procedures that were not as successful as planned.
- Job history of effectively evaluating project requirements and determining applicability of downhole tools,
- Is able to demonstrate knowledge and operation of hydraulic equipment, operation, troubleshooting, repair or replacement of firefighting equipment.
- Effectively evaluates project requirements and recommends appropriate fluid handling systems.
- Implements special personnel safety provisions, regulatory requirements, obligations or deviations from normal operating procedures.
- Champion’s safety and Halliburton Management System service quality leadership and team building.
- Identifies, communicates and addresses barriers to achieving project objectives.
- Consistently using good judgment to demonstrate leadership in adherence to HSE and HMS service quality policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge, operation, troubleshooting, repair or replacement of jet cutter equipment and systems.
- Supervises the delivery of appropriate B&C well control services for customers on complex projects.
- Demonstrates understanding and application of Well Control, identifying cause and effect of well control events, and analyzing and managing risks.
- Consistently executes, manages and designs solutions for customers.
- Ensures that appropriate work agreements are executed with customers.
- Is able to perform surface interventions.
- Is able to demonstrate appropriate and successful well control procedures.
- Capable of troubleshooting, repairing and replacing wellheads and wellbore components.
- Supervises extraordinary well control situations (i.e.: shallow gas, gas flow after cementing, lost circulation, off bottom kicks, underground blowouts, etc.).
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in engineering preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in well site operations.
- Must work under hazardous conditions including high pressure, high temperature, loud noise, fire, chemical and gas exposures, moving machinery, etc.
- Must be able to maintain professional relationships with customers.
- Well organized with strong planning and project management skills required.
- Attention to detail, quality orientation required.
- Must be able to organize multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Strong PC computing skills, including MS Office and engineering software.
- Good communication and effective working relationships exist with other departments.
- Experience in oil and gas deep-water operation will be an added advantage for applicants.
17th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to forward their CV and Application Letter clearly stating their position of interest to: WCEACorporatecommunication@Halliburton.com
- Your mail subject must indicate the “Job Title and the Reference Number” of the position you are applying for.
- The position is for experienced personnel only. Only candidates with the required level of experience for the position applied for will be considered.
- Location Nigeria USD Month