Young Professional – Community Institution Building (State Level)
Locations: Abia, Edo, Kebbi, Niger, Ogun and Taraba
Job Type: Contract
- The Young Professionals will provide support to strengthen the quality of implementation of each of the components of the Project
- The young professionals will deliver technical leadership in developing anchor sector strategies, implementation plans, knowledge products and other documents as required
- They will ensure that project interventions are performed as planned and to bring about the desired impacts as listed in the project results framework through monitoring, evaluation, research and documentation of lessons learnt.
Provide support in the following:
- Conduct assessment of the various institutions within the communities to understand the existing systems, structures and entry points; The result of the assessment will be utilized appropriately to reach the various stakeholders in the community
- Assist in the identification of project champions at state, LGA and Ward levels
- Work with the LGA and Wards to conduct the LGA assessment. This will be done in collaboration with the FPCU, SPCUs & LPIUs and others;
- The Consultant will partner with various community-based groups, from grassroots organizations to local and state departments, to build Institutional capacity and remove institutional barrier;
- Facilitate LGA missions for continuous engagement with SPCUs, LPIUS and other Stakeholders on Institution Building activities;
- Support in carrying out Project Capacity Building; as well as provision of cross-sectoral support within the project;
- Provide technical backstopping to the project by ensuring quality control of all Institution Building activities at all levels;
- Assess the Project’s technical, operational and human resources needs. This assessment should include recommendations for practical and cost-effective means of offering targeted assistance.
- Conduct an internal capacity assessment that evaluates existing structures, procedures and capacities; analyze expected workload; and identify areas where additional capacities need to be established.
- Build on the knowledge and capacity that is already present in the project; making more effective use of locally available resources; and introducing new knowledge in a way that is sustainable.
- Develop capacity to plan, organize and implement and manage different project Cycles in a professional, independent and sustainable manner over time.
- Any other task assigned by the Project Coordinator.
- Minimum of a First Degree or Master’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Human Resource Development
- A professional qualification will be added advantage
- Minimum of 6 years’ multistate experience in Public Sector organizations.
- Experience of working with International donors e,g. The World Bank, AfDB, etc.
- Demonstrative knowledge of developing Capacity Building Plans.
- Knowledge of the GOK systems, policies and structures.
- Good knowledge of election management processes
- Knowledge of Public Policy Development
- Knowledge of Strategic Planning
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
12th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Applicants should specify their state of interest.
- Location Abia/Edo/Kebbi/Niger/Ogun and Taraba USD Month