Young Professional – Monitoring & Evaluation, Knowledge Management (State Level)
Locations: Abia, Edo, Kebbi, Niger, Ogun and Taraba
Job Type: Contract
- The Young Professionals will provide support to strengthen the quality of implementation of each of the components of the Project
- The young professionals will deliver technical leadership in developing anchor sector strategies, implementation plans, knowledge products and other documents as required
- They will ensure that project interventions are performed as planned and to bring about the desired impacts as listed in the project results framework through monitoring, evaluation, research and documentation of lessons learnt.
Provide support in the following:
- Develop an evidence-based toolkit, gathering and evaluating tools and incorporating them in a kit for use in the Project
- Coordinate research and baseline surveys for the project. Support use of relevant approaches to project evaluations and increase the generation and use of evidence-based practices (EBP)
- Develop M&E systems for projects using mobile and other innovative technologies as appropriate and practical
- Develop an M&E field assessment guide for field projects and introductory training material for field-based M&E officers
- Provide technical assistance, training and mentoring in M&E
- In close collaboration with BCC Consultant and Communications Consultant, prepare knowledge management products for the project
- Scan relevant development literature, and support staff’s use of evidence in program design and development using an implementation science approach.
- Design and implement a system for gathering and organizing existing tools using previously inventoried information to create a database of technical approaches and accompanying materials (tool, manuals, and curricula).
- Support the dissemination of learning through the placement of articles in peer-reviewed journals, trade conferences and other public fora.
- Conduct site visits to projects to provide training, technical support and monitoring visits
- Minimum of a First Degree or Master’s Degree in Evaluation, Research or related field in International Development
- A professional qualification will be added advantage
- Minimum of six (6) years’ experience in evaluation in international development;
- Previous experience working with knowledge management and learning platforms
- Demonstrated commitment to issues and programs in gender equality, educational access, livelihoods, civic engagement, leadership & capacity development; and experience in design and implementation of baseline/endline surveys and special studies among vulnerable populations.
- Extensive field experience in M&E and baseline/endline surveys.
- Demonstrable experience addressing M&E requirements for donors such as USAID, DFID, World Bank, large foundations and/or others.
- Experience developing cross-cutting skills in capacity development, community-led development, gender integration, governance and CLA
- Knowledge and demonstrated proficiency in quantitative and qualitative methods, M&E planning, M&E system improvement; data use and data visualization;
- Demonstrated ability in database management, routine data quality assurance (RDQA), data flow, geographic information systems (GIS), project and program indicator selection and documentation;
- Excellent writing and research management skills;
- Strong training, coaching and facilitation skills:
- Effective communication skills (written and oral) for proposal preparation and communication with donors;
- Computer skills in institution-supported software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, SPSS, and PowerPoint);
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks; and must be a team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to independently schedule and manage work and lead M&E/knowledge management/learning platforms
- Ability to maintain the highest ethical standards at all times.
12th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Applicants should specify their state of interest.
- Location Abia/Edo/Kebbi/Niger/Ogun and Taraba USD Month