Locations:Abia, Edo, Kebbi, Niger, Ogun and Taraba
Job Type: Contract
- The Young Professionals will provide support to strengthen the quality of implementation of each of the components of the Project.
- The young professionals will deliver technical leadership in developing anchor sector strategies, implementation plans, knowledge products and other documents as required.
- They will ensure that project interventions are performed as planned and to bring about the desired impacts as listed in the project results framework through monitoring, evaluation, research and documentation of lessons learnt.
Provide support in the following:
- Design and implement a communications strategy and plan to increase awareness of the achievements of the Project and its beneficiaries
- Monitor local and international press coverage and monitor effectiveness of the communications strategy
- Provide feedback to inform ongoing public relations activities and future programmes.
- Assist the Project Team in developing appropriately branded public information documentations and events
- Identify Project’s communication and awareness needs to ensure prevention of uncertainty and ambiguity on its role, responsibility and neutrality
- Plan, craft and communicate the project’s messages to the public and other stakeholders and ensure overall continuity of institutional consistency and image;
- Develop and maintain strategic relations and partnerships with the media, government bodies, relevant stakeholders, Non-governmental actors and donors;
- Responsible for overall Information and Communication Strategy
- Write stories, Opinion pieces, press releases and news about project’s most important achievements to be placed in the national and international media as well as in the local and regional websites;
- Promote the project’s work in the media by organizing and facilitating interviews with the National and State Coordinators, Commissioners and any person authorized to do so in writing by the project;
- Ensure and maintain the cooperation and communication with mass-media and other organizations.
- Assist in the preparation of schedules, briefing materials, scene setters, briefings with the Project Team and partners.
- Maintain a calendar of the project events in close coordination with the Project Team and implementing partners.
- Design, develop and disseminate all outreach materials and activities to advertise beneficiaries’ products to target audience and media, including outreach folders and fact sheets, newsletters, blog entries, tweets, brochures, website, photo essays, video and public service announcement/advert (PSA) campaigns for broadcast and print media.
- Travel to the field to get to know projects and capture success stories for dissemination through website, outreach folders and to media
- Design, develop, market and maintain project social media page
- Produce reports highlighting program developments, achievements and success stories.
- Minimum of First Degree or Master’s degree in Communication or Journalism or related field
- A professional qualification will be an added advantage
- Minimum of six (6) years experience in field of communications
- Ability to plan and execute a deliberate and sustained communication strategy.
- Extensive knowledge of the Nigeria Media scene
- Demonstrated experience in managing a comprehensive strategic communications program to advance an organization’s mission and goals;
- Demonstrated skill and comfort in proactively building relationships and demonstrating influence with staff at all organizational levels.
- Extensive experience working in organizational communication and public relations.
- Proven experience in using social media and Web 2.0 approaches.
- Familiarity with current web-based tools, apps, and IT platforms.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize workload, respond to multiple demands, and meet short deadlines.
- Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to changing work priorities and environment.
12th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Applicants should specify their state of interest.
- Location Abia/Edo/Kebbi/Niger/Ogun and Taraba USD Month