Zonal Tuberculosis Officer
Location: Northern, Nigeria
Job Type: Contract
- Exciting growth opportunity exist for Public Health Professionals at the Program Management Unit (PMU) of the National Tuberculosis & Leprosy Control Programme (NTBLCP) for implementation of the Global Fund’s grant and interventions in Nigeria. As part of the PMU, you will be a change agent and a strategic enabler applying your expertise to manage a project that impacts millions of lives while helping to put an end to Tuberculosis in Nigeria.
- Support the state in planning and implementation of all planned activities particularly activities related to case finding (e.g. active case finding in the community, TB screening in OPD sites; intensify TB case findings among PLHIV, intensify TB case finding in health facilities; active case findings among high risk groups)
- Support the states technical in ensuring the set objectives are achieved.
- Supervise and Monitor states in their zones and ensure timely implementation of the grant activities.
- Provide TA for implementation of PMDT at community level and support enrollment to reduce the number of patients on waiting list for MDR patients.
- Provide on the job training/ mentoring for state and LGA programme managers to enhance their capacity in planning, implementing and monitoring of programme activities.
- Facilitate timely and complete collection, collation, analysis of state epidemiological data.
- Facilitate timely submission of state data and reports to the National Programme and the GF.
- Support provision of feed-back and dissemination of state epidemiological data and reports to key stakeholders.
- Facilitate on site data verification and data quality assurance at state and LGA levels.
- Report quarterly activity implementation and provide plans for the next quarter.
- Conduct strategic advocacy to LGAs in the state with aim of mobilizing resources for TB/ HIV control efforts.
- In collaboration with the Finance Officers, ensure that the State Offices/ Sub-Recipients are complying with the terms of the MOUs/ grant agreements including facilitating timely retirement of advances.
- Medical Doctor with Masters’ level study in Public Health or Social Sciences.
- Minimum of 5 work years’ experience in public health.
- Experience in TB programme implementation is a necessary requirement.
- Experience in management and supervisory capability
- Experience in working with donor funded projects and a knowledge of policies and processes of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria is an added advantage.
- Good understanding of budgets, financial processes and financial reporting and compliance with donor requirements.
7th November, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: All applications must be completed and duly acknowledged via mail as this validates success of submission.
- Location Nigeria, Northern Nigeria USD Month
- Years Of Experience 5-10
- Minimum Qualification MBA/MSc/MA