The NADDC Automotive Design Challenge is an initiative of the National Automotive Design and Development Council (NADDC) that is aimed at the discovery and promotion of automotive design capabilities in Nigeria. The annual event would present relevant automotive challenges of the country and give opportunity for innovative Nigerians to express their talents in applicable design solutions.
Applications are therefor invited for:
NADDC (2019) Automotive Design Challenge
Table of Contents
The 2019 Automotive Design Focus
Participants are required to submit entries of their design concepts of Nigeria applicable designs in the following automobile categories:
- Intra-city Mini Taxi
- Cost-effective Mini Tractor
- Winners in the Six (6) geopolitical zones will win amazing prizes, and additionally, national finalists will be attached to the Council’s exciting Research & Development team.
The designs must be original and Nigeria relevant, and the entries should address any or all of the following:
- Submissions must show advanced aesthetics.
- Functionality and practicality for Nigeria use
- Applicability in Nigeria?
- NADDC Automotive Design Challenge is open only to Nigerians, resident in Nigeria between the ages of 18 – 40years.
- Employees of NADDC, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, suppliers, agents, representatives, advertising, promotional or judging agencies and their immediate family members as well as those living in the same household, or persons working on this project are not eligible to participate.
- By participating you agree to be bound by the Rules and Procedures of this challenge and by the decisions of the NADDC Design Judges, whose decisions shall be final and binding in all respects.
- For the entries to be valid, participants must include personal information in the data/information forms provided and must fulfill all requirements in the rules and procedures as well as entry forms.
The NADDC Automotive Design Challenge Jury will be evaluating entries based on the following:
- Design Innovativeness
Who Can Participate?
The challenge is targeted at:
- Talented Nigerian artist (Arts, Environmental Design, Engineering courses etc) and the art aficionado.
- Freelance and artisanal artistes across Nigeria.
- NADDC and/or its authorized agents retain the right to verify the identity, eligibility, and accuracy of information supplied by all individuals who have entered NADDC Automotive Design Challenge.
Use of Selected Property/Ownership Policy
- Submissions remain the property of the entrants to whom credit will be given; however, by entering, all entrants agree to permit NADDC to use their entries, names or likeness, for NADDC advertising/ marketing materials in perpetuity and for any and all purposes including but not limited to reproduction, distribution, and public display of any such entry, name or likeness.
- Participants also agree that NADDC may use of their names and likenesses for purposes of advertising, trade show use and promotion without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- By entering, participants release and hold harmless NADDC, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability or injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in this challenge or acceptance or use in any prize.
- NADDC will contact shortlisted winners from the 6 geopolitical zones of Nigeria and invite them to pitch/defend their submissions before a jury. The names of the shortlisted winners of round 1 will be posted on the Challenge website and each contacted individually via email or text.
Application Closing Date
5th December, 2019.
Methond of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
How to Enter
- All entries must be online
- Log on the NADDC Automotive Design Challenge Website: www.naddcdesignchallenge.com
- Click on the “How to Enter” Button
- Fill out all the necessary information on the form
- Upload Design in any of the following formats: JPEG, PNG, etc.
- File size must not be more than 500 kb.
- Incomplete entry forms are subject to disqualification.
- Falsification of information would lead to disqualification.
Note: It is important to note that plagiarism is a serious offence that is taken very seriously by NADDC. Any contestant found guilty of that will automatically be disqualified.