Table of Contents
Science@Leuven Scholarship Description
The Science@Leuven Scholarships are for motivated and talented international students who are interested in participating in an international master programme of the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven.
Host Institution(s): Katholieke Universiteit Leuven in Belgium
Level/Fields of study: Eligible International Master Programme under the Faculty of Science at K.U. Leuven
Number of Awards: Not specified.
Target Countries: International students
Scholarship Value and Duration
The amount of the scholarship can be up to 10.000 Euro for 1 year. The scholarship will always cover the tuition fee for 1 year, the insurance and a basic health insurance coverage. The amount awarded for living expenses can vary.
For two-year Master’s programmes, the scholarship for the second master year will be only be continued on the condition that the student had outstanding results the first master year.
Eligibility for Science@Leuven Scholarship
Applicants must meet and prove the following requirements:
• the applicants have not studied or worked at the University of Leuven before,
• the applicants have a bachelor degree from a foreign university that gives them access to the master programme they are applying for,
• the applicants have not yet acquired a master degree or a PhD,
• the applicants can prove having had excellent study results during their former training,
• the applicants can prove a very strong knowledge of English ( TOEFL (minimum score 94 internet-based with at least 19 for reading, 18 for Listening, 19 for speaking and 21 for writing) or IELTS (minimum score 7 overall, whilst at least 6,5 for reading, 6 for listening, 6 for speaking and 6 for writing),
• the applicants show strong motivation to follow a master programme at the Faculty of Science of the K.U.Leuven
• the applicants are willing to act as an ambassador for the programme.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS
- Apply for the master programme of your choice through the application tool of the KU Leuven. Please read the application instructions carefully.
- upload the following information via the KU Leuven application tool:
- a complete list of course titles for which you have obtained a credit. Indicate the course size (in ECTS-credits) and the result you obtained, preferably according to the ECTS-scale; if a different scale is used, please provide a summary explanation on the meaning of the scores;
- provide a short (about one half to one page) description according to the standard guidelines for an ECTS-study guide for the courses that you deem most relevant for the master that you are considering,
- two reference letters of internationally renowned professors;
- a letter of motivation for the programme.
- When you have completed and submitted your application for the master’s programme, you will get a message on the screen that you succesfully submitted the application.
- IMPORTANT! Take a screen shot of this message. You will have to upload the screenshot when you register for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.
- Apply for the Science@Leuven Scholarship via this link.
- your registration is complete after you have received an email stating that you have been registered for the Science@Leuven Scholarship.
- Only students who have complied with all the above requirements will be considered for the Scholarship!
- You can apply for the scholarship immediately after you have applied for a certain programme, you do not need to wait until you are accepted by the master’s programme. However your application for the scholarship will not be considered when it is clear that you will not be accepted for the master’s programme.
Only applications that have been submitted (with the International Office and registered on the website of the scholarship) before 15 February 2020 will be considered for the scholarship.
Read the scholarship application page and visit the official website (link found below) to access the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
15 February 2020.
Official Scholarship Website: http://wet.kuleuven.be/english/scienceatleuvenscholarship