The Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC) has commenced recruitment into the Federal Teachers’ Scheme (FTS) for 2020 and 2021 periods.
Ossom Ossom, UBEC Public Relations Officer, made the confirmation to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Monday.
Requirements for UBEC Teachers Recruitment
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or Bachelor’s degree with Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE),
- The qualification should not be lower than a Second Class (Lower Division) and not earned earlier than 2014.
- Applicants are expected to have completed or been exempted from the National Youth Service Scheme (NYSC).
- Those with Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE), credit passes in Teaching Practice and Teaching Subjects, not earned earlier than 2014, are eligible.
- Applicant should have specialization in any of: English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Agricultural Science.
- Others are Home Economics, Computer Science, Technical/Technology Education, Computer Science or Information Technology, Nigerian Languages, Physical and Health Education.
- Applicants should not be more than 35 years of age and not currently employed or enrolled under the NYSC, N-Power or any other similar programme.
- English Language
- Integrated Science
- Biology, Chemistry and Physics
- Agricultural Science
- Home Economics
- Computer Science
- Technical/Technology Education
- Computer Science or Information Technology
- Nigerian Languages
- Physical and Health Education
How to Apply for UBEC Teachers Recruitment
They are expected to complete the application forms online, by visiting https://fts.admissions.clouds
Applicants are also required to upload their credentials with their most recent passport photographs.
The application portal would be opened for two weeks, from September 10 to September 24, with no extension.
Shortlisted candidates would sit for Computer-Based Test (CBT) on October 10 at designated centres in every state capital.