Last Updated on August 4, 2023 by Hotjobsng
Table of Contents
Vanier Canadian Graduate Scholarships in Canada for International Students: Applications are being received for the 2020/2021 Vanier Canadian Graduate Scholarship (VCGS) to study in Canada. The scholarships are open to students from all nationalities and can be accessible through a nomination process. To know about the eligibility for this scholarship and how to be nominated, read through the instruction on this post carefully.
Host Institution: Vanier Canadian Scholarships.
Scholarship Type: Full Research Scholarships
Scholarship level: Postgraduate Research Studies
Slots: Not Stated
Scholarship Worth: Scholarship awarded in full, worth not stated
Subject Eligibility: Scholarship covers Health research, Natural sciences and/or engineering research and Social sciences and humanities research.
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Students from all nationalities can apply
English Language Requirement: Not a necessary requirement.
Scholarship Eligibility and Criteria
To be qualified for the 2020 Vanier Canadian Scholarships in Canada for International Students, the following eligibility conditions will apply.
- Applicants must be nominated by only one Canadian university, which must have received a Vanier CGS allocation;
- Applicants must be pursuing their first doctoral degree (including joint undergraduate/graduate research program such as: MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD – if it has a demonstrated and significant research component). Note that only the PhD portion of a combined degree is eligible for funding;
- Applicants must not have completed no more than 20 months of doctoral studies as of May 1, 2019.
- Applicants must have achieved a first-class average, as determined by your university, in each of the last two years of full-time study or equivalent. Candidates are encouraged to contact the university for its definition of a first-class average.
- Applicants must not have already received a doctoral-level scholarship or fellowship from CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC to undertake or complete a doctoral degree.
Application for the scholarship begins with a nomination and can be done online through suitable platforms.
Interested applicants must be nominated by a Canadian Institution with a quota at which they want to study. Candidates cannot apply directly to the Vanier CGS program.
Read the nomination procedure here: http://www.vanier.gc.ca/en/nomination_process-processus_de_mise_en_candidature.html
Visit Official scholarship website for full details about this scholarship: http://www.vanier.gc.ca/en/home-accueil.html