Crown Flour Mills Nigeria Limited, more commonly known as CFM, initiated its operations in 1952 as a modest mill capable of milling 40 tons of wheat per day. The original machines were all branded “Robinson”, the British top-of-the-line equipment at that time.
Only a few changes occurred between then and the early 1990s. It was a miracle that the mill survived through the Lebanese Civil War which took place between 1975 and 1990. In 1991, after 25 years of government wheat import controls, flour subsidies, and direct bread controls, the Lebanese Government liberalized the imports of wheat and allowed the private mills to operate freely on the Lebanese Market.
Since that point, Lebanon’s Milling Industry went through a major restructuring and reinvestment period, and we witnessed an increase of the number of mills operating in Lebanon, which reached today a total of twelve.
It was at that time that started the great march of Crown Flour Mills into Modernization, Automation, Quality Control, Sanitation, ISO and HACCP Certifications and into many other fields that contributed to the current standing of CFM.
Since 1992 CFM has invested carefully and judiciously in new machinery, building extension, a new silos storage for wheat storage and continuous employee training.