The African Drone Forum (ADF) has announced the launch of the African Drone Business Challenge. The Challenge will showcase the latest drone technology, convene experts and regulators together in a Symposium, and challenge drone companies to take part in flying competitions with real-world elements.
Applications are invited for:
Title: African Drone Business Challenge
About the Challenge
- Emerging technologies can play a vital role in improving the lives of people in hard-to-reach rural communities across the continent, increasing resilience, and leapfrogging existing infrastructure to deliver significant socio-economic benefits. The African Drone Forum is a timely multi-stakeholder engagement programme that will take place in 2020 in Rwanda, a country already using drone technology to improve the lives of its citizens.
- To submit a business plan, you must be a citizen of an African country or an African in the diaspora. Business concepts would need to be implementable in Africa.
- Those eligible to apply include everyone from individual entrepreneurs or an early-stage startup to an innovation team within a small business, corporation, or government office that focuses on integrating new drone services or applications into their business models.
- Entrants do not need to be drone companies but should focus on concepts and customers for new business opportunities enabled by drone technologies.
- Significant consideration will be given to proposals that demonstrate both economic and social value to their communities.
- Ten finalists of the African Drone Business Challenge will be invited to attend ADF and will receive pitch training, exhibition space, mentoring, and the opportunity to pitch their business ideas live to a crowd of industry leaders, investors and government officials.
- Finalists will receive notification in early January 2020 if they are selected to participate in the final pitch event at the ADF.
- The 2020 African Drone Forum Expo offers a platform for the drone industry, including global logistics experts, start-ups, drone pilots, engineers and media, to showcase their innovations and state-of-the-art technology for cargo drone deliveries, and outline strategies for the future.
- The Forum comprises a Symposium, Expo and Flying Competitions, which will take place in Rwanda. The Symposium and Expo will be taking place in Kigali from February 5 to 7, 2020. Competitive flights will commence on February 8, 2020.
- Cash prize of £40,000 for the winner of the best drone application.
Application Closing Date
Monday, 9th December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online