Last Updated on January 22, 2023 by Hotjobsng
Applications are hereby requested from applicants for the International Tuition Award for the 2020 academic session at the University of British Columbia (UBC), Canada. The International Tuition Awards assist international graduate students with their tuition fees if they are enrolled in a full-time research-oriented doctoral (Ph.D.) or master’s program.
The University of British Columbia is one of the world’s leading universities that creates an exceptional learning environment that fosters global citizenship, advances a civil and sustainable society, and supports outstanding research to serve the Canadian population and the world at large.
Scholarship Host: Graduate school, UBC, Canada
Scholarship level: Masters and PhD
Scholarship Slots: Not stated
Scholarship Worth: Up to $3,200 per year
Subject Eligibility: All study areas
Country/Candidate Eligibility: The scholarship is for International students.
Scholarship Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To be considered for 2020 International Tuition Award at the University of British Columbia, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Students must be registered full-time in one of the eligible graduate programs and must be an international student.
- Applicants for the masters program must have obtained a first degree in a relevant course from a recognized university and applicants for the PhD program must have obtained a masters degree in relevant course from a recognized institution.
- Applicants who receive external funding for their tuition which is equal to or higher than the value of the International Tuition Award are not eligible for the award. Students who receive external funding toward their tuition which is lower than the value of the International Tuition Award will have their International Tuition Award reduced by the amount of the external tuition funding.
- Students do not need to apply, as all international students who are eligible are automatically considered for this scholarship. Awards are assigned on the Student Information System, and, once assigned, can be viewed by logging onto the Student Service Centre.
- Students must verify that they meet the eligibility requirements accepting the scholarship online, via the Student Service Centre.
- The scholarship is paid in 3 equal instalments – one at the beginning of each term. September and January instalments are assigned in late August each year. May instalment is assigned in late April each year.
- Students who become Landed Immigrants or Permanent Residents while enrolled at UBC are required to provide a copy of their Record of Landing to the Registrar’s Office. If an international student becomes a Landed Immigrant on or before the tuition fee due date of the term, domestic fees will be assessed for that term. If an international student becomes a Landed Immigrant after the first tuition fee due date, domestic fees will be assessed for the following term. Landed Immigrant status is attained as of the “Landed on” date (box 45) indicated on the Record of Landing, not the Date Issued.
- Students are no longer eligible to receive the International Tuition Award once they are assessed domestic tuition fees. As a result, their International Tuition Award will be pro-rated to the end of the last term for which they were assessed international tuition fees.
- Students who have not been assigned the International Tuition Award by the start of the term and believe themselves to be eligible should contact the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (all emails should include your student number)
International students are automatically considered for the award. No application is required.
Visit Official scholarship website for full details about this scholarship: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/awards/international-tuition-award